Friday, May 11, 2012

Good Morning Everyone

Good Morning Everyone,
No new drawing today. I had to turn in my last drawing that showed motion last night in class and forgot to take a picture of it. Will post after I get it back. It turned out pretty well.

Class is winding down. Time to start work on my final project. Thanks to those of you who gave me suggestions. I considered them and even drew up sketches, but in the long run I went with the theme of time. Time is something that goes by fast for some and slow for others, but always keeps moving. 

My first drawing will be of an hourglass with sand falling, with the sand in the top glass will be a portrait of my youngest son when he was a baby, in the bottom a more recent one. I drew a sketch of it to turn in for approval from my art teacher and my youngest son saw it. Wanted to know who that black boy was in my drawing. I told him it was him and he said if I couldn't draw him any better than that then to use somebody else. Guess I better do a better job in the full drawing.

My second drawing has to look like it belongs with the first when hung next to it, but also has to look good as a drawing all by itself, will be of many of the ways we measure time. Such as the sun, sundial, hourglass, watch and clocks. In the background of both there will be a calendar. I hope it turns out well.

Well I had better get back to work. Thanks for reading my blog. Check back soon for new drawings.

CV

No comments:

Post a Comment